5 must have things to enjoy a healthy life
Do you get tired easily? Do you notice that your health is on a decline? Then it’s time for you to bring about some change in your daily life style. Well, change is not all scary; in fact it’s simple and easy. For you to lead a healthy life you don’t need to something really out of the box. Small changes like cutting down on smoking or going for morning walks, being a little careful about your choice of cooking oil or what you eat can definitely make you healthier and happier. If health is on your mind, then bracing the following habits will be enough.
- Eat healthy
The food you eat governs your health. Stay away from junk food as much as you can. Once a week, you can definitely treat your taste buds, but on other days, it would be best if you stick to a balanced diet. To make it easier for you, please refer to the dos and don’ts listed below, when it comes to food.
- Switch over to organic food – Keeping into account the harmful effects of pesticides and chemicals, its best to move over to food/crops grown in an organic way. These have less pesticide content and are beneficial for your health.
- Go for natural, unprocessed foods.
- If you are a non-vegetarian, then go for lean meat, eggs and fish.
- Fatty foods are tempting. But stay in control, as too much of fat is not good.
- Include a large number of fruits and vegetables, preferably organic, in your diets.
- Avoid processed food. Preservatives are not good for your body.
- Avoid overeating.
- Avoid trans fats.
- Don’t let your mood dictate what you eat.
- Sleep like a baby
Did you know that sleeping not only optimizes your energy level but also your mental health? If not, then make a note of this. Sleeping for the prescribed 8 hours cuts on the risk of developing chronic health disorders and in a way improves your longevity. Also, remember if you are healthy and lean, then you can keep snoring and sleep apnea at bay. You can enjoy better sleep, if you can –
- Shut down the televisions, computers, ipads and if possible your cell phones also. It helps in catching up with your sleep.
- Try to cut down on smoking and your baby fat as it eventually makes you snore at night. Remember, your own snoring often disrupts your sleep and also of your partner. Lack of sleep eventually causes you fatigue and messes with your life quality.
You must exercise regularly if you want to keep your body fit and healthy. Especially, if you lead a sedentary lifestyle, make it a point to exercise in the morning regularly.
- A short work out at your home or nearby park can do wonders to your health.
- Regular exercising elevates your mood.
- If you can’t exercise, then at least go for short walks. Make it a point to walk for at least 20 minutes.
- Catch on the fresh air, it helps. Something as simple as going to a nearby park and reading a book of your choice there can do wonders for your health. The fresh air refreshes your mood and mental health.
- Go for aerobics or yoga. It reduces the risk of lifestyle related health disorders.
- Drink Plenty of water
Well, this may sound like a very trivial suggestion, but this happens to be the most effective way of staying healthy. Drinking sufficient water helps you stay healthy,
- Make it a point to drink a minimum of 4 litres of water on a daily basis.
- Drinking sufficient water keeps your skin hydrated and young.
- Adequate intake of water helps in flushing out the toxins from your body.
- Sufficient intake of water reduces the risks of kidney stone formation to a great extent.
- Enough water in your body helps you stay healthy and also improves your mental alertness.
- Spend time with family
All work and no family time will make some sort of a work zombie. Too much of work not only gives you stress but also takes away your happiness. According to several researches conducted across the globe, spending time with your family and friend makes you happy. Studies also indicate that those having an active social life, lead a longer life.
- Don’t bring work to home.
- Makes sure to go out for family dinners or picnics on weekends.
There you have it, dozens of simple, practical, and doable tips and tricks you can adopt. Following the above mentioned tips can definitely help you lead a healthier and a happy life.
Hey Nick! Cory (and Jamie) from Erie! Love the website!!!! We miss you all dearly! hope the kids are doing well, and tell Julie a big “hey” from her girlfriend. I just visited Michael Spellacy’s office yesterday (your old practice in Fairview), only to discover my LDL cholestrol is STILL on the rise! ugh…have to admit that although I keep my weight down…i am eating fattier cuts of meat. Jamie is all about meat, meat, meat. We vowed to do 2 nights of fish and one night of soup/salad meatless. I subscribed under our house email email@example.com 🙂
Wow, the instruction is so great, I will follow them from now on and I hope that I will always have a healthy life. Thanks so much for the interesting post!