Below is a post sent to me regarding low carb diets. Enjoy!
It is said that only pregnant women have certain cravings that make the entire pregnancy period difficult for the entire family. However, another fact has been proven: everybody craves for a certain food or flavor, including people who claim that they never have this feeling. Let’s face it, who wouldn’t prefer a pizza, chocolate or ice cream over a bowl full of fruit or vegetable?
Unfortunately, the types of food mentioned above are not checked in the category of healthy food and, after all, living a natural life means doing your best to give up on these cravings. However, if you really can help it, but still would like to find a convenient solution, a good starting point would be to take up the Keto diet. This regime helps you find low carb alternatives for what it considered to be a guilty pleasure. If you want to have some examples of what we are talking about, here you can see a short list.
Things you should eat for breakfast
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, so you should make it as healthy as possible. In the Keto version, here is what your breakfast should look like:
- Flavored yogurt can be replaced with sour cream, coconut milk or Greek yoghurt and other types of full fat dairies. You can add berries if you want a touch of fruity flavor.
- Cereals and oatmeal can be replaced by Chia pudding, Chia seeds or toasted nuts
- Pancakes and waffles can be eaten instead of cream cheese, peanut butter or almond flour waffles
You have healthy substitutes for dinner also
Dinner is important as well, because it has to feed you body and get it ready for rest. Although some say that it’s not healthy to eat in the evening, the Keto diet has some alternatives that you will find satisfying.
- Broccoli, spinach or cheesy side dishes can replace burgers and fries
- Classical pizza can be replaced by mozzarella and almond pizza crusts made in the Keto spirit
- Fried chicken can be replaced by pork rinds and parmesan crusts
- Cream soups exactly what your body needs after a long day at work
- Zucchini noodles are a brave substitute for regular pasta, full of carbohydrates
- If you like rice, when you are on the Keto diet, you can replace it with cauliflower.
Craving for unhealthy snacks? Keto has a solution!
- If you are a fan of chips, start by replacing them with dehydrated vegetables
- Cookies can be made by you if you replace regular flour with almond flour. It is advisable to use peanut butter and chocolate
In this article we presented only a few examples, but are many more benefits coming if you start the Keto diet. For more information, ketoresource.org can be a valuable resource.